Zero 24 Kit
The Zero 24 is the second is our exciting line of Front Yard Fighter kits and another Dave Garwood design! Large control throws and lots of power will let you relive the dogfights that were taking place over the Pacific during WWII. We are pretty sure there weren't any full-scale Zeros that could hover and do rolling harriers, but there is nothing stopping you from doing them with this model!
The goal of the Front Yard Fighter Series is about having an indoor/outdoor flyer that can stand up to the punishment encountered during a normal flying session at your local venue while still having crisp flight control.
The profile of the model is that of the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, built in 1940. More information about the full-scale aircraft can be found here.
Built from a mix of 3mm and 6mm EPP foam as well as premium carbon rods and strips for stiffness, the Zero 24 weighs in at a scant 106g AUW with paint and landing gear! The light weight comes, in part, from a modest 2S brushless power system that provides more than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio, but isn't intimidating to even the newest of pilots!
- 24" Wingspan
- Lightweight and durable EPP and carbon construction
- 2S Brushless Power System
- 50W, ~14g Brushless Outrunner
- 180mAh - 300mAh LiPo
- Purchase our Front Yard Fighters Completion Kit that includes all of the required electronics to get your model in the air!
- Available in kit form only.
- Painted kits are available. (Note: Painted kits are made to order and have a 1-week lead time)
This kit includes all CNC-cut foam, laser-cut plywood parts, carbon spars, all required hardware for completion, and a full-color assembly and instruction manual.